Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Hospitality House


There are many families in our community who can’t afford to celebrate Thanksgiving. That’s were Hospitality House can help.
All the 5th graders had to walk to the Hospitality House for a field trip. I imagined the Hospitality House to look like a police station- I was wrong. It was huge and had thousands of cans full of food, I even saw a box full of candy.
We met an old lady named Betty and a girl named Christie and they told us a little about the Hospitality House. She said it was built in 2001 which means 7 years ago. The workers weighed our donation on a giant scale. We donated 970 pounds of food. Wow!!
Finally it was time for us to have some fun. Every body was given a can of food and we each got to place an item on the shelves. I got a can of corn and some tomato sauce.
I felt really good to be donating food to the Hospitality House. I learned that some people don’t get the chance to celebrate special holidays because they don’t have enough money to buy any of the supplies. Over 600 families have had this problem, so they come to the Hospitality House, where as always we are there to help.
By: Melissa Mezy

No comments:

Post a Comment